Do I have some goodies for you today!
Yesterday the baking bug finally hit again after 3 weeks of cake, and Cheryl’s brownies sent by my parents.
Zach and I were craving cookies, BUT — having huge batches of cookies around our house just leads to cookie OD — so I was on the lookout for inspiration for small batch cookies.
Since I was making small batches, I was also able to personalize them to what each of us were feeling. For example, Zach requested:
- NO healthifying
- Use butter and real sugar
- Lots of chocolate
Where I was craving:
- Still reasonably healthy
- Peanut butter
Well let me tell you, what I came up with was absolutely a success. Let’s start with Zach’s cookies — because you always save the best for last, right? 😉
Zach’s Dream Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yields 9 good size cookies, or 12 smaller cookies
- 3/4 cup AP flour
- Pinch of baking powder
- Pinch of salt (I used Pink Himalayan Fresh Ground Salt)
- 1/4 cup of partially melted butter
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of large chocolate chip cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray/oil your baking sheet
- Mix the butter and maple syrup in a bowl WELL
- Add the egg and vanilla to the mixture and mix well
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder)
- Add the chocolate chips
- Divide into 9-12 equal cookies
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes
- Let cool and Enjoy!