Have you ever had a day that just felt like it was a breath of fresh air. Just EXACTLY what you needed?
For me, that day was today.
I have been training since about March of this year, between the Steamboat and Saint Louis halves. I have been very disciplined, trained hard, planned a wedding and got married, all while working full time and living everyday life. I feel like in some way crossing the finish line yesterday was also crossing the finish line in an insanely busy year. 2013 has been an amazing year, probably the best, but the finish line yesterday felt like crossing through the crazy to the calm.
What’s different for the time being?
- I can run for fun — Garmin or not.
- I can run with my pup, not worried about pace.
- I can have a glass of wine with friends if I want, without guilt of fear.
- I can integrate much more strength training, yoga, and cross training.
- I can switch up work outs, without guilt.
- I have Saturday mornings for brunch and sleeping in again, if I want it (lord knows I’ll still run or ski most days)
- I can enjoy ski season.
- I can LET GO.
Today has kind of been all of this, mixed into one day.
Gus and I have gone on three walks, about 2 miles each
Cold, Fall walks
Stretching my legs, and Gus’s nose 😉
I also did something that I have been wanting to do for almost two months.
I am officially Mrs. Ashley Jara. In 24 hours, it will be processed and I can go about finalizing all the other minor details. I know this seems minor, but this means a lot to me and made me SO happy to finally see it through.
And lots and lots of YOGA . LOTS.
Really — I feel like a happier, healthier, and more relaxed version of myself. And I am liking this. I am so optimistic and excited about the final months of 2013.
Final benefit to my amazing day today?
This boy won’t be moving for a long time.