Just popping in quickly to share with you all my first single-girl ready recipe of the week!
Here’s my secret for the odd sizes of this meal. I stopped by Whole Foods over my lunch break today and hit up the hot and salad bars. I am VERY familiar with Whole Food bars with how often I visit for meals. . . but today was a little different.
I struggled in the produce section trying to find reasonably sized and priced veggies, meat, and random produce for meals this week. I HATE wasting food and money and know that I won’t eat enough of one thing before it goes bad myself unless I eat the same meal all week. No fun.
As I was walking through the store I got a brilliant idea. Hit up the bars and get individual portion of different produce in the sizes I need. In the produce bar I got:
- 8 oz of chicken prepared
- One large spoonful of grapes
- Two tablespoons of dried cranberries
- One small container of greens
- 2 tablespoons of corn kernels
all in two containers keeping the produce section. I did put the meat separately in it’s own little plastic container from the produce, just for cross contamination purposes.
Easy, cheap and a way to reduce waste! And without further adu, here is the recipe from the first bit of my secret Whole Foods trip!
Pineapple Chicken Mexican Bake
- 1/2 large sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons of corn
- 1/2 a red jalepeno
- 4 oz of chicken, pre cooked
- Pineapple salsa to taste
- 1 oz colby jack cheese
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Prepare the sweet potatoes (I chopped them into cubes and steamed them with a little cinnamon for 20 minutes)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Layer the pineapple salsa to create a wet base
- Layer half of the sweet potatoes, corn, and jalepeno
- Add a layer of chicken
- Layer the second half of the sweet potatoes, corn and jalepeno with some more salsa to taste
- Top with cheese and cover with foil for baking
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and enjoy!
You know I did 🙂
I had my bake with a very small side of greens and my FAVORITE Whole Foods tortilla chips. The perfect ending to a Monday!
Seems like cooking for one doesn’t have to be that difficult or wasteful 🙂
If anyone can tell me how I can add a pin it button to my recipes, I’d love you forever! Leave it in the comments or email me 🙂 Chocolatemedals@gmail.com