Oh MAN do I have a good one for you all today!
That’s right. Trader Joe’s is a brilliant man — and he made a smart lady out of me last night int he kitchen with his Crunchy Cookie Butter.
These cookies remind me of the cookies you get from a really good bakery (specially Latecia’s in my old Chicago neighborhood). This batch made one LARGE cookie for me (plenty to share if you’re nice) but the proportions are EASY to translate into a much larger batch.
Oatmeal Cookie Butter Cookies
- 2 tablespoons of Crunchy Cookie Butter
- 1 tablespoon of oats
- 1 tablespoon of whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of applesauce
- 1/2 tablespoon of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- small handful of Reese’s Pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a cookie sheet evenly
- Begin by mixing the cookie butter (room temp), oats, flour and applesauce in a bowl
- Mix the baking soda, vanilla and milk together in a small container before adding it to the mixture
- Carefully fold and combine the ingredients together until it looks like they are evenly distributed
- Add the Reese’s pieces
- Put the dough onto a greased cookie sheet (I baked one large cookie)
- Cook for 12-15 minutes
Notes: You’ll notice these proportions are VERY easy to multiply in order to make a batch of cookies. You could easily double or even quadruple the recipe and make a bunch of smaller cookies! YUM!
Please, I cannot recommend this cookie enough. Give her a shot — and thank me later.
Follow Chocolate medals on Instagram, twitter , facebook & pinterest