Good Morning and a very Happy Tuesday to everyone :).
As I mentioned when I left you all last night, Zach and I enjoyed a delicious Mexican meal last night…
Chicken Tacos and side salads (still working through those greens). While I don’t have a specific recipe, our taco ingredients were
- One large white onion (grilled)
- Two large cut green peppers (grilled)
- 4 small chicken thighs (grilled, 1 was plenty for me, we had left overs)
- Our favorite tortillas
- Topped with greens and salsa, peppercinis + side salad (basically the same greens that topped the tacos)
Delicious and fresh! Homemade Mexican is seriously SO easy and you can do SO much with it!
Of course, you all know I didn’t forget about my sweet ending to the evening 🙂
I picked up these cookies from work. They’re from a local bakery near our office. While they weren’t my favorite by any means (I was craving chocolate and these were primarily oatmeal) it still hit the spot!
Workout Of the Morning: 4 miles + weights
- Fairly easy, sporadic 4 miles. . . really just pushed it to finish the run. Nothing spectacular, but got ‘er done and that’s all I wanted to do this morning.
And as for weights, it was actually the same exact routine I did yesterday:
- 3 reps of 15 incline sit ups
- 3 reps of 15 chest press 20 lbs
- 3 reps of 15 leg press
I am enjoying integrating just a little bit of strength into my routine when I can. Nothing crazy, but something fun. Does anybody remember when I did the challenge early in the blog life?
And that’s all I got for you this morning. 🙂 Have a great day everyone!
Question Of The Morning: Do you have any homemade Mexican meals you like? We could use to switch it up . . .
Do you ever have one of those days where you’re just HUNGRY?
Today was one of those days….constantly hungry even though I ate totally normally. Whomp whomp.
I kept it in control for the most part, dodged the Christmas cookies (I eat enough for dessert), added a banana and some extra trail mix and called it a day.
Thankfully the husband was in the mood for a healthy dinner, so I loaded up on greens, veggies, steak and a good piece of bread. We literally finished everything fresh we had in the fridge and saved left over lasagna for tomorrow. High five to us!
Todays salad included:
- Arugula and Romaine for greens
- lemon juice and sriracha to dress
- Roasted broccoli
- Roasted carrots
- Fresh heirloom tomatoes
- One large white onion
- Split a large steak
- Side of sesame bread
- Caesar dressing
- Chop the greens
- Dress with lemon, sriracha, salt and pepper
- Add fresh tomatoes
- Start the onions, broccoli and carrots on the grill
- Add the steak (15 minutes)
- Grill the bread (5 minutes)
Good way to end a hungry day.
Well…until dessert :).
That’s right folks, another 4 miler in the books. Crossing off that “goal” list one work out at a time :). Oh and I also did 25 sit ups and a minute plank, does that count as my strength work out?
Workout of the Day: 4 miles + 25 sit ups and 60 second plank
- 4 minutes 6.2-6.5, 1 minute at 8, repeated until I hit 4 miles
Totally old picture but you get the point 🙂
Tonight’s dinner was about as shocking as my working.
Garbage Winter Salad with Chicken
- Arugula and romaine to your desire
- 5 small heirloom tomatoes
- 1 small head of broccoli
- A dozen or so baby carrots
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1 head of elephant garlic (huge)
- 2 chicken breasts, seasoned
- Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- lemon and sriracha
- dressing of choice
- Chop the greens and put them in a bowl dressed lightly with lemon, sriracha, salt and pepper and parmesan cheese and top with the halved tomatoes
- Chop the rest of the veggies and roast them in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes with more parmesan and half the clove of elephant garlic
- Have your husband prepare and grill the chicken
- Dress and enjoy 🙂
I choose Caesar dressing for my salad tonight and I must say it was a good choice 🙂
Tomorrows dinner is much more exciting, I promise 🙂 We’re switching it up in the Jara household!