Last night was a snuggly night here in the Jara household
Yes, my 70 lb shepherd thinks he is a lap dog. . . and I am A-OK with that sometimes :). Maybe he was thanking me for the long walk enjoying the warm-ish evening…or he was just trying to hide his eyes from the awful TV that I was watching (I’m almost TOO ashamed to admit to this today, but Real World EX-Plosion and Teen Mom. Please don’t stop reading . . . ).
Dinner last night was another meal-for-one thanks to grocery shopping at my local Whole Foods hot/salad bar for produce 🙂
BBQ Chicken Quesadillas
- 4 oz of chicken, precooked
- 2 small-ish tortillas
- 1/4 of sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon of corn
- 1 tablespoon of green onions
- 1 small handful of spinach
- 2 tablespoons of shredded cheddar cheese
- tablespoon of bbq sauce and oil to cook
- Heat your pan on medium high with a tablespoon of BBQ sauce
- Once the pan is heated, add the chicken to cover and heat
- Add the rest of your ingredients into the mixture
- In another pan, prepare your pan with oil and put down first tortilla and fill it with your fillings from the other pan
- Cook until browned and then add the second tortilla and flip it
- Cook until that side is browned
- Take off the heat, cut into quarters and enjoy!
I of course had a small side of greens with a ton of salsa to top the quesadilla with a couple Whole Food’s chips.
Unfortunately, for Gus, I did not share with him. This one was all for ME 🙂
And you know I didn’t enjoy the evening without a treat right? I brought back an oldie but SUPER goodie.
Peanut butter Pretzel Crisps
Unfortunately one little plate was not how much I ended up eating. . . sad but true. I have no self comtrol.
I woke up this morning and enjoyed another long walk with Gusman. I’m trying out taking Thursday’s as my rest days because I already get to sleep in, and it’s perfect to get a nice hilly walk with Gus in the AM to stretch my legs.
I didn’t use my MapMyRun app on this one, but it was our standard 2.1 mile loop. He seemed to enjoy it 🙂 Perfect amount of snow and ice still left on the sidewalks for him to snatch up.
And now, it’s time to get back to work and get through the long day! Happy Thursday everyone 🙂
Question of the Morning: Do you like snuggly pets?