Good Morning, Happy Monday and back to normal business here at Chocolate Medals!
Last night was enjoyed like every Sunday is in the Jara household. Homemade pizza night! Last nights included:
- 1 green pepper
- 10 baby heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 3 pieces of bacon
- 1 large handful of arugula, dressed in lemon and vinegar
- 1 refrigerated dough from Sprouts
- Sprinkle of Italian seasoning
- Mozerella cheese
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 390.
- Bake the bacon (12-15 minutes)
- Flour and roll out the dough, brush with olive oil and top with Italian seasoning. Prebake for 5 minutes
- Chop up the tomatoes and peppers
- After crust begins to rise, pull out and add the toppings and cheese, all except arugula
- Dress the arugula lightly with lemon and vinegar, set to the side
- Bake for 17 minutes
- Pull the pizza out, add the arugula to the top
- Put the pizza back into the oven, heat turned off, for 3-5 minutes to wilt the arugula.
There are a lot of steps, but really homemade pizza is super easy!
I capped off my evening with an amazing PB cup that was SO huge I had to split with Zach (That’s saying something, I don’t share dessert)
This Morning/This Week
Just like I have started the past couple of weeks, I rested this morning, sleeping in until the blissful hour of 715. Then I got to slowly wake up and enjoy the smell of oatmeal coming from the kitchen from the hubby!
Goals for the Week
Instead of a strict plan for each day of the week, I am setting GOALS for the week for my workouts. For this week, they include:
- 6 runs, 1 longer than 4 miles, and 3 AT LEAST 4 miles
- 1 intentional yoga session, sporadic yoga as needed
- 1 strength work out
- 1 intentional walk
- 1 day of skiing (Saturday)
With how crazy our schedules are currently, flexability is the name of the game. While I LOVE to get my work outs done and over with in the AM, it can’t always happen and I need to appreciate that I can work out anytime of day that I’m free!
I’ll be back later today with a more in depth recap of the weekend!
Question of the Morning: How was your weekend? I feel so disconnected to everyone!