Alright guys: I’m shifting my mind frame. Here and now. I’m going to pop OUT of my funk of sickness, injury, husband traveling gunk and CHOOSE to be positive.
I told you in my morning post that I am consciously skipping my workout “plan” for the week this week. Part of shifting my mind frame is taking the pressure OFF myself and my (not 100%) body. In stead, focusing on things I can do — and appreciating those victories. Large or small.
So instead of a work out plan, I’m going to have goals for the week.
“Me” goals for the week
- Foam roll everyday
- Eat and enjoy a piece of fresh fruit everyday
- Intentionally drink more water
- If I get to run this week: Do it slow, and enjoy.
Foam roll Everyday
- My body, for better or worse, has been overworked and over-strained in the past few weeks. Not only does that make me more sore than normal, it makes me prone to injury and that is just-no-good. While I may not be getting in the miles right now, I want to still give my body the stretching and rolling that it needs to repair and rebuild muscles that have pushed me through a lot the past few months.
Eat and Enjoy a piece of fresh fruit everyday.
- I try to eat healthy and give my body what it needs. But just like many others, I can use to improve. When I’m at work, I am constantly going — which makes me a huge snacker. What I really want to do this week is to make an effort to make sure that at least one of those snacks includes a piece of fresh fruit. I have found that when I start my day with fresh fruit, my body gets the natural sugar it needs to start up, while also taming the natural sweet tooth that we all know I proudly claim :). Taking this approach serves me much better than any processed snack that I could choose to start my work day with . . . and while I know that sometimes it’s hard to make the right choice 😉
Intentionally Drink More Water
- This is something I constantly need to work on — but especially coming off being sick, and coming into a race weekend. I don’t want to put a numerical goal on HOW much water I am drinking, instead just make a concious effort to always have water around me…and just sip away!
- I’m going to give it to you all straight: the past few weeks have been TOUGH on me. Between being sick, Zach traveling, the stress of the race, and now dealing with my ankle — I’ve been in kind of a funk. I’ve been allowing what’s been going on externally to effect me internally as well, and I REALLY want to make a shift here. Mind over matter. I recognize where my body’s limitations are right now, but I want to work on turning my frown upside down. Smile when I see people, smile when I notice myself thinking about something — just SMILE. Make an effort to FEEL happy, and hope that it works to focus my mind on the positive, and push out some of the negative.
- In my previous training cycles I have really amped up my yoga in the last few weeks as the miles lesson and muscles tighten. I want to focus on this EVEN MORE now that I may be off my feet for a little while. I started this morning with a brief yoga session, and let me tell you it made a difference in my mind set right away. I’ve also made another goal for my work day of busting out a 60 second plank and 10 hip dips each hour between clients — since it’s something active I can do and helps to stretch out and strengthen my body. It’s small — but right now I’m all about the small things 🙂
If I do run this week: do it slow, and enjoy.
- I am trying to stay optimistic here and hope that within the next few days, I’ll be back on my feet and slowly returning to my running shoes. Cautiously optimistic. And of course, I hope I do. . . but when and if I do, I am making a promise to myself to take it slow, and ENJOY THE RIDE. Running is something that I need to never take for granted — it brings me SO much joy (and torture….but still ;), but it is hard on my body. And I need to respect both.
So folks — that’s it. That’s my
schedule goals for the week. Since it won’t quite be a normal workout week for me — I’ll keep you up to date on what the “work outs” or activities look like. So far today:
- 60 second planks every hour-on-the-hour with 10 hip dips during the work day
And the rest is up in the air 🙂
I can’t post this with out saying THANK YOU to everyone of you out there who read, comment, laugh, chat, or even LOOK at my blog. Honestly — this blog has been such a source of happiness in my life the past few months. It’s an outlet for my thoughts, it’s a network to so many amazing, like minded people, and it’s a space where I can just be ME. Even when I am in a funk. So THANK you. THANK YOU for reading, and just being such an amazing support system every day 🙂
Question of the Day: Give me one of your “me” goals