It’s another quite night in the Jara household after a nice, sport and pork filled afternoon at the neighbors :).
And because I love you all so much, I decided what better way to spend a relaxing evening then taking another fun survey.
Enjoy and Have a GREAT Saturday night all 🙂
1. What did you eat for breakfast?
Another one of my favorite breakfast bagel sandwiches
An egg white (microwaved) egg scramble with lots of broccoli, salsa and green onion, steamed kale, cheese and raspberry spread. Big, delicious, and awesome :).
2. How much water do you drink a day?
Not enough. I drink when I’m thirsty, but lately have been trying to make a concious effort to drink more. Yesterday I drank a liter of sparkling water, if that counts?
3. What is your current favorite workout?
Do you really have to ask?
Running, and more running :).
4. How many calories do you eat a day?
If I’m being completely honest I have no clue. I don’t count calories, and often feel like I inflate how many calories foods/drinks have in them. My guess would be anywhere between 1500 and 2500 in any given day? Most days probably hanging closer to 1500-2000, but there are CERTAINLY plenty of days that go above. AKA have a couple glasses of wine and ANYTHING sounds delicious.
5. What are your favorite healthy snacks?
I’m a HUGE snacker! And I tend to go in phases, but my current favorites are definitely
- veggies and dip
- protein bars (are they “healthy?!”)
- fruit and yogurt
6. What do you usually eat for lunch?
I’m a big snacker through the work day — so often times it’s fruit and a protein bar, or yogurt + fruit and granola? I like light lunches so that I’m not weighed down during work, and continue to snack through out the day when hunger strikes.
7. What is your favorite body part to strength train?
Shoulders and chest probably. I LOVE planks, chest press and shoulder press.
8. What is your least favorite body part to strength train?
Legs. I feel like my legs are ALWAYS tired being a runner.
9. What are your “bad” food cravings?
I really strongly dislike the concept of BAD foods. But that’s a whole ‘nother subject.
We all know my “weakness” is my sweet tooth. Anything chocolate has my heart.
10. Do you take vitamins or supplements?
I have them — and have done an entire post about them…but hardly ever take them anymore. Maybe once or twice a week I take a multi vitamin and calcium supplement.
11. How often do you eat out?
Once or twice a week. Date night is important to us 🙂
Even if it’s just going to a microbrewery and eating from the food truck. Sometimes it’s nice to get out and just enjoy each other. Especially with Zach working from home.
12. Do you eat fast food?
No — to be honest I don’t even crave it or find it appetizing in the least.
13. Who is your biggest supporter?
My husband and parents. Absolutely.
14. Do you have a gym membership?
I use the gym in our building — does that count?
15. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
Between 7 and 8. Probably closer to 8 most nights to be honest — sleep is VERY important to me :).
16. Do you have a “cheat” day?
17. Do you drink alcohol?
Yes. Primarily socially, but sometimes a glass of wine or beer with the husband or friends after a day of work is just.what.the.doc.ordered.
18. Do you have a workout buddy?
Zoe, my BFF from home is my workout buddy :). She helped me train for my first half, and honestly is my inspiration on many tough days.
19. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a healthy lifestyle?
I would say my overall perspective. I feel like being healthy is unconscious for me most days. Am I perfect? FAR FROM IT? But if you ask me on most any day, I’d prefer a salad to a burger. And I’d prefer a long run day to a rest day. And that’s pretty sweet :).
20. What was the last healthy thing you did?
Listened to my body and RESTED this week 🙂
As Always: YOUR TURN NOW! 🙂