I’m back everyone! 🙂
Thank you all SO much for sending so many healthy vibes and well wishes my way over the past couple of days.
Last night I started feeling better, and this morning woke up feeling almost as good as new.
The most important thing for me this morning was feeling normal. . .
so I did what normal Ashley would do. Strapped up my running shoes, and hit the gym for a VERY EASY 5k.
Workout of the Morning: Easy “I’m Back” 5k Baby!
- 29 minute 30 second 5k.
- And I’ve never been happier to be able to run 🙂
I promised myself from the second I woke up, that if I started feeling any pain in my stomach, that I would stop right away. But, THANKFULLY, I felt fine the entire time — and actually felt like I was running on new legs.
I think my body needed a bit of a break, and I’m glad that I had so many people reminding me to respect that :).
I promise you all that I would NOT have even attempted the run if I didn’t feel significantly better than I did yesterday. And I do not necesarily advise that other people handle any kind of illness the same way I do. For 48 hours, I rested, snotted, and did NOT shower. But now — while still a bit snotty, I am showered and ready to try and be a normal human being again :).
Workout Round Up for the Week
Well — that didn’t work out as planned ;).
Here were my planned workouts
- Monday – 10 miles stationary bike and 30 minutes strength
- Tuesday – AM yoga – PM 4-5 mile run
- Wednesday – 10 miles stationary bike and yoga/light strength
- Thursday – 4-5 mile easy run
- Friday – Rest/Yoga
- Saturday – Long run – 10 miles
- Sunday – Recovery run/bike
And here is how it’s actually worked out
- Monday – 10 miles stationary bike and 30 minutes stregnth
- Tuesday – LUNCH yoga, 5 mile trail run
- Wednesday – Unplanned SICK day
- Thursday – Unplanned SICK day — walked 4 miles
- Friday — IM BACK 5k
- Saturday — Planned long run
- Sunday — Planned recovery
I stress PLANNED on both Saturday and Sunday because I am not going to push it this weekend. Of course I am hoping that I can run, but I am not going to give my body a set expectation. Both physically and mentally — I want to do what’s best for my body. Whether that’s 10 miles, or 1 mile.
And that folks, is how this weird week has worked out.
One things for sure — I’m glad it’s Friday 🙂
Question of the Day: What are you most looking forward to this weekend?
Feeling better 🙂