Tonight is going to be short and sweet. I’m not feeling 100% — nothing serious I think it’s just a bit of seasonal allergies, but some relaxing and an early night in bed is definitely in my future.
My wonderful husband wanted to make sure I had a good dinner tonight when I got home, and was even thoughtful enough to take pictures while he was preparing it for you all. Tonight on the menu we had a Stuffed Acorn Squash with quinoa and mixed veggies and of course, a small side caesar salad for me. Here is his recipe for you all 🙂
Stuffed Acorn Squash
- One whole acorn squash
- 1/2 cup of quinoa
- One small carrot
- One stalk of celery
- Quarter of a white onion
- 2 fresh sprigs of rosemary, or about 1/4 cup
- 1/4 fresh basil
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Parmesan for topping
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and spray/oil a baking sheet
- Prepare your quinoa while your oven heats to al dente (about 15-20 minutes depending, about 80% cooked)
- When quinoa is finished, drain excess water and put to the side
- Dice the vegetables and herbs and combine with the warm quinoa.
- Mix everything together with olive oil
- Split the acorn squash in half and clean out the innards (Zach recommends using an ice cream scoop for this step)
- Stuff the halves with the quinoa mixture, add salt and pepper to taste
- Cover the acorn squash with foil, and bake for about an hour, depending on the size of the squash. Removing the foil about 3/4 of the way through.
- Top with parmesan and enjoy!
I’m going to a resource fair in the morning for work — so I’ll try and make sure I stop by before heading that direction in the AM. Time to get some R and R with the family 🙂 Have a great night all!
Question of the Night: Anyone else struggling with seasonal allergies or sinuses right now?
Mine are mainly in my head, mild constant head aches, with some other minor aches and pains.