rest Friday 🙂
I woke up this morning feeling really well rested and excited for the weekend. Since Wednesday, I’ve been able to sleep in until 730, which is an hour and a half more than normal. Let me tell you, three days of extra sleep have made this lady one-happy-girl :).
Speaking of strong lady here — (forced transition there? 🙂 Overall I’d say I’m very happy with how much workouts went this week. Here was my plan for the week from Monday:
Workout Plan for the Week – September 23, 2013
- Monday – YOGA and 30 minutes stationary bike
- Tuesday – 4-5 mile Speed Run
- Wednesday – 4-5 mile recovery run
- Thursday – Strength
- Friday – REST/2 miles easy treadmill/YOGA
- Saturday – LONG run 12 miles
- Sunday – Recovery Run/Bike
And here is how the week turned out
- Monday – Jillian Michaels Yoga and stationary bike 30 minutes
- Tuesday – 4.25 mile speed run with 2 miles at speed with 1 warm up and cool down
- Wednesday – Treadmill 10k
- Thursday – Strength with 20 minutes bike, 20 minute intervals, and machines
- Friday – REST
- Saturday — LONG run 12 miles
- Sunday — Recovery run/bike
italics are still planned workouts for tomorrow and Sunday.
Since today is my rest day, and I know I tend to get restless on those days (is there a pun there?) I have made a fun game for myself. Every hour, as close to the hour as I can make it around clients, I am going to do
- 25 jumping jacks
- 1 minute plank
It’s nothing much, but it’s a fun way to get out my build up energy on a rest day 🙂
Quote for the day:
I may not be there yet, but I’m closer than I was yesterday.
I LOVE this quote, specifically with my running and healthy journey in general. I have written about it before, but I am someone who has constantly compared myself to others with running. Whether it be speed or distance. This quote is a great reminder to me that I am on my OWN journey. While I may never be the fastest runner or maybe I’ll never run an ultra — everyday that I lace up my shoes, I’m a stronger runner than I was the previous day. And that’s pretty cool 🙂
Question of the Day: What have you guys thought of the quotes this week?
Any journey that you’re on right now that feels like a daily struggle?