Did I draw you in with that one? Oh yeah! 🙂 Drew me in, too!
Yesterday morning as I was relaxing after my run, I came across one of my favorite blogs, hungryandfit. (check her out, she’s awesome). She had a post about 3 ingredient cookies that I was IMMEDIATELY drawn to. You all know me, healthy baked goods? I’m there.
With that picture, I was immediately drooling. Well I took her recipe and kind of ran with it, creating something a little different but delicious with what I had on hand.
Enter my treat for last night: Banana Peanut Butter Graham Cracker Cookies.
Banana Peanut Butter Graham Cracker Cookies
Takes 5-10 minutes prep
- One LARGE banana or 2 tiny bananas
- 1 cup of processed graham crackers
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of reeses pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease (well) your baking pan
- Put your graham crackers and cinnamon in the food processor and pulse until small pieces and put aside into a large bowl.
- Cut up your large banana into pieces and process the pieces in the food processor until mush
- Mix together with the graham crackers in large bowl
- Add the reeses candies
- Bake for 12-15 minutes and enjoy!
This recipe is pretty flexible. You could really add anything into the “batter” of graham crackers and banana. Think chocolate chips, dried fruit, nuts, etc. I just love peanut butter, and reeses, so I had them on hand 🙂
All together, they’re pretty good! They’re simple, healthy, and minimal on the ingredients, which I love. I will admit, they are not cookies, so know that going in. They are good, but I would need to switch them up if I did them again. They taste healthy, and as someone who likes that, they work just fine! BUT, if I were making these for a group, I’d probably add sugar to the mix to sweeten it up some more.
Thanks again for the great baking experimental motivation hungryandfit!
I hope you all enjoy this recipe!