My fiance is a jam FREAK. Specifically raspberry jam.
Every time we go to the grocery store (weekly mind you) the boy requests raspberry jam.
Well last week, when I made my Healthy Raspberry Crumble Bars, I also made homemade raspberry jam as the filling.
Zach LOVED it. He dipped the raspberry bars in the leftover jam, and then use it through out the week on toast.
By Tuesday or Wednesday, he was requesting another batch.
Since I did it kind of haphazerdly last time, I thought I would be more specific this time and give you all a precise recipe, so the jam lover in your home can have a healthy, homemade option to enjoy 🙂
Homemade Fresh Raspberry Jam
Takes about 25 minutes cook time and makes about 1.5-2 cups of jam.
- Raspberries (I used a tin from the farmer’s market. About 1.5 cups)
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1/2 cup of water
- Put the raspberries and 1/2 cup of water on the stove top and bring to a simmer.
- Once it reaches a simmer, cover and let it simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- When finished, pour the mixture out of the cooking pot and into a high edged container
- Blend the mix (I used an inversion blender) until desired thickness. Add more water to thin it out if needed (I added another half cup)
- Put the mixture back into the cooking pot and bring back onto the stove top and add the lime juice.
- Bring it back up to a simmer. Begin adding the sugar in small amounts, mixing throughly each time (I used four different batches for the half cup).
- Once all of the sugar has been added, turn off the heat and allow to cool.
- Moved to your desired container and enjoy! 🙂
Makes about 1.5 – 2 cups of jam.
And of course, directions in pictures 🙂
Start with your ingredients
Put the mixture into a high top container and blend!
Trust me, it’s so much better than anything you’ll get in a jar at the store 🙂