Good Morning all!
It’s been a nice morning so far. It’s almost chilly in Denver in the mornings right now so I did some yoga enjoying the fresh air from home. This morning was my favorite Seated Full Body Yoga class that I find perfect for stretching on my rest days.
Weekly Workout Round Up – August 16
I started the week pretty exhausted and feeling like my body was asking for a bit of a break. The plan for the week was:
- Monday: Yoga @ home …and as much of it as possible
- Tuesday: Yoga @ home …and short strength training
- Wednesday: 5-6 miles + yoga class in the PM
- Thursday: 3 mile run and yoga @ home
- Friday: Rest/Yoga
- Saturday: Long run (75-90 minutes)
- Sunday: Recovery run: 40 minutes
Needless to say my week didn’t go exactly as planned, but I figured that would happen. In reality my week looked like:
- Monday: Yoga in the AM + strength training PM (8 minute abs, buns and arms)
- Tuesday: AM run (about 5 miles) with 3.1 on the treadmill and 20ish minutes outside
- Wednesday: Yoga in the AM then Root Yoga class in the pm + began my week long challenge
- Thursday: AM run of 4.11 miles outside
- Friday: AM yoga and rest.
On top of this, my long run for the weekend was 90 minutes, followed by a recovery run on the treadmill of 4.12 miles on Sunday.
Even though it doesn’t look exactly as planned, I still got in quite a bit of yoga (including a class!) and some good runs, which were my goals. Overall I’m happy with it!
There may be some flexibility for this weekend’s planned runs as well.
Last week was Gusman’s birthday, so Zach and I want to take him on a nice hike Sunday morning to celebrate!
Considering that, I may go a little shorter on my long run Saturday (think 75 – 80 minutes) to leave gas in the tank for the familiy. It’s all depending on how my legs feel going into it. If I feel really strong Saturday and think I can push through both, than I’ll be a rock star.
We shall see. It’s all about flexibility, right? 🙂
For now, I’m enjoying some coconut water to hopefully keep me from feeling dehydrated tomorrow like I have been on my long runs and preparing for a day of work.
Looking forward to the weekend! I’ll be back later today with a recap of all the good and bad foods I’ve had this week :).
Have a great morning everyone!