Before I get to the good stuff (and trust me, it’s good) — I want to share my brunch this afternoon.
Zach and I have been to Ale House many times for dinner — it’s actually one of the first places we went and helped sell us on our neighborhood when moving to Denver.
Today, we wanted to try it out for brunch, as we’ve heard a lot of great things about it as well.
The upstairs has one of the best outdoor patios and views of Downtown Denver in the entire city. I love it.
Zach and I started brunch with a couple brunch drinks 🙂
Mimosas were on special, I couldn’t pass.
For brunch, I went with an Apple Chicken Sausage Omelet with a side of fruit and wheat toast.
It was AWESOME, and a lot of food. Zach had to help me with it, even after a run!
Zach also wanted to put his meal out on the blog, as it was pretty amazing.
Vanilla porter soaked cinnamon raison bread french toast with bacon. I can vouch, it was awesome.
While the service was very weird today . . . that didn’t take away from the overall experience. It was a beautiful morning, the drinks were good, and the food was GREAT. I highly recommend Amato’s for both brunch and dinner.
With full bellies, we headed to Vitamin Cottage for the extra ingredients I needed for my busy afternoon of zucchini baking!
And with that, it’s time to get to the good stuff.
I’ve spoken multiple times of the huge zucchini my coworker gave me from her garden earlier in the week. This puppy was no regular zuch, and I knew I was going to have to break out the big guns to use this one.
I spent a good chuck of time comparing recipes to eventually create one of my own. Let me tell you — both Zach and I agree this one deserves a pat on the back. Not to mention, I made it pretty freaking healthy!
Absolutely Amazing Zucchini Bread.
- 1.5 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1.5 cups of Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 4 oz of applesauce
- 4 oz of oil
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 4 tsp of vanilla
- 2 cup of minced zucchini (I used the food processor and had mine very minced)
- Preheat oven to 325 and oil/butter 8 by 4 bread pans.
- Mince up 2 cups of zucchini (about 2 small zucchinis)
- Sift the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl, set aside.
- Beat eggs, oil, vanilla and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients slowly to the wet ingredients in small batches until they are completely combined.
- Fold in the zucchini
- Pour batter evenly in two pans and cook for 40-60 minutes (I am at elevation and mine took 45 minutes).
- Let sit for 20 minutes before removing from pan.
- Yields 2 loaves.
I’m enjoying a piece as I write this — and let me tell you, it’s amazing. You wouldn’t know how healthy it is! Please, enjoy!
Coming Later Tonight: Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies. YUM!!!