Today I took my first stab at something I’ve been wanting to do for a very long time
I wanted my first trip down homemade granola to be easy and with few ingredients, so I went straight to the experts. I based my recipe off one I found on the website of the amazing Julie at pbfingers.com (If you haven’t yet, check her out, she’s awesome).
The granola was based off of the recipe from this page: http://www.pbfingers.com/2011/06/14/peanut-butter-granola/
I did make some changes, based both of preference and what I had on hand, and let me tell you, it turned out pretty awesome.
Peanut Butter Granola
- 2 cups of oats
- 4 tablespoons of peanut butter (I used honey roasted peanut butter)
- 4 table spoons of maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Spray a cookie sheet and preheat oven to 325
- Combine peanut butter and maple syrup and heat them up (I used the microwave for 20 seconds)
- Stir that up (I used a fork to get through the PB) and add the vanilla and cinnamon to mix
- Add all the wet ingredients together with the oats evenly (I used my hands a lot to get it through the oats)
- Spread evenly on a cookie sheet and bake for 14-15 minutes, or oats start to turn a little brown.
The only change I may make is adding a bit of the maple syrup at the end (either adding extra or just saving some until it’s laid out on the cookie sheet) to make it a little more wet, just so it combines better. But I must say, the taste is spot on!
I absolutely enjoyed some of this hot from the oven, and cant wait to enjoy it through out the week. Hopefully it lasts!